Old 29-07-2012, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Squirrel proof bird feeders

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I am heartily sick of squirrels getting the lion's share of my bird food.
As fast as I get rid of squirrels new ones come to replace them. Has anyone
experience of those for sale? If so which are useless and which are good?
The only problem that I can see is that the pair of woodpeckers (well I say
pair maybe they are just friends) will be unable to feed. any help most
welcomed. TIA

If you have two points that you can fix up some fishing line between, hang
your feeder in the middle of that. Squirrels can't
negotiate it. Remember to put it above head height though for obvious
reasons.

Tina