Old 27-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] Odd distinctions

Hi Sean,

I never said that theory is worthless. I said that theory is worthless
without repetitious work. We're not as far apart as you seem to think.

The problem arises when the student begins to understand the theory and then
thinks they've learned something - and wants to move on to something else.
There's nothing wrong with theory/practice. But few are willing to put in
the practice, especially after they find out that it's boring and difficult.

I take issue with the idea that theory and practice are two different ways
to learn. They're not. They're two parts of process and the practice is the
most important, by far.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
zone 8, Texas