Old 30-07-2012, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ray[_3_] Ray[_3_] is offline

Default Growing radishes? ? ?

I've planted radishes at least a dozen times -- in all locations, at all
times of the year -- always with the same result.

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message

Ray wrote:

I'm about to go crazy trying to grow the easiest of all vegetables to
grow -- radishes.

No matter what location I use, no matter what soil, no matter what
depth I plant them, I always get the same result: A two-inch-long
spindly stem, but never a root.

I follow all the instructions on the packet very carefully, but the
result is ALWAYS the same.

Any suggestions welcome.

Radish is a cool weather crop, best planted in very early spring after
danger of a hard freeze has passed. If you attempt to grow radish in
hot weather you will get woody radishes, exactly what you described.