Old 22-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Tim Stoner

Default Blueberries 1st year de-budding

Hey I would like the answer on this one too. We had two of our four from
last year that survived the Minnesota winter.
We are really not to certain how to care for these up here.

Tim

"Tim B" wrote in message
.. .
I have some new blueberry bushes, covered with blooms, very pretty. I

read
somewhere that I should not allow them to set fruit the first year, but
should pinch off all the blooms instead. So I've been out to do it

several
times and every time I see how pretty they are and how many berries there
will be and I leave the blooms on. I'm presuming they'd fruit next year

if
they spend this year growing. But ... they seem perfectly fine and I
hesitate to de-bud them unless I really should. Advice?