Old 30-07-2012, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default Compton Garages.

COMPTON GARAGES.

If you have a Compton garage, it came with a "No quibble ten year
guarantee."

However you can forget it. Compton have been taken over by a firm called
Lidget & they are now trading under the name Lidget Compton. They are not
honouring the Compton guarantee. I have just found this out the hard way, a
defect has appeared in my Compton garage (Concrete spalling). I have had
the "ring you back" runaround from Lidget Compton but they don't consider
themselves liable. Naturally emails are ignored. They too have a ten year
guarantee but it is that:-

"if your garage is not still standing within our 10 years of being erected,
we'll rebuild it for you".

Presumably any stage of dereliction in between will be ignored