Old 31-07-2012, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Squirrel proof bird feeders

"Granity" wrote in message

Christina Websell;965688 Wrote:
"Moonraker" wrote in message
...-
I am heartily sick of squirrels getting the lion's share of my bird
food.
As fast as I get rid of squirrels new ones come to replace them. Has
anyone
experience of those for sale? If so which are useless and which are
good?
The only problem that I can see is that the pair of woodpeckers (well I
say
pair maybe they are just friends) will be unable to feed. any help most

welcomed. TIA
--
Residing on low ground in North Staffordshire-

If you have two points that you can fix up some fishing line between,
hang
your feeder in the middle of that. Squirrels can't
negotiate it. Remember to put it above head height though for obvious
reasons.

Tina

Classic squirrel:
http://tinyurl.com/c8vsr8v

They can't get to feeders if you suspend your feeders from a horizontal
fishing line like between two trees or other suitable points.
They cannot grip the fishing line.
Might not work vertically.