Old 31-07-2012, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hawthorn hedge - interplanting for better winter screening?

'Mike' wrote:

10 Years ago I would have agreed with Mike, Escallonia but in some parts
of the country there is a dread disease that takes the leaves off them
and the eventually die.

What about allowing some plant of Lonicera japonica to infest the
existing hedge? there is on like it in the village and it smells
wonderful, gets clipped just like the rest of the hedge.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Charlie :-( That's what we have got in another section of hedge

Escallonia fine :-))

Mike

Maybe I should put both in ;-

Yes - I am serious! It's already a blend...
--
Tim Watts