Old 31-07-2012, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Blackberry pie

In article , Sacha
On 2012-07-31 18:22:00 +0100, said:

Do you? Whenever I've picked blackberries they've always had a stem
and
middle bit, unlike raspberries, which pick nicely!

Oh yes! The ones I have picked come off clean the same as raspberries.

Weird, I've never had blackberries do that. To the point where I don't
pick
blackberries much any more cos it annoys me so much.

Perhaps you're in too much of a hurry! ;-) Maybe they need to ripen a
bit longer?

In the UK, the brambles are an aggregate of species, which differ
considerably in properties. I have had some come off clean, and
others be very reluctant - even after they have become to soft
to eat, they STILL don't come off.

Ok, thanks, Nick. I haven't come across any like that but it seem Vicky
has

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/