Old 01-08-2012, 01:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nancy Young[_4_] Nancy Young[_4_] is offline

Default 19 year olds allotment diary

Travis wrote:

I don't understand what an allotment is.

It's a growing plot in a community garden. So the OP has the use of it
but does not own it.

Thank you. I think the first time I heard of community gardens
were those made in empty lots in the inner city. That was years
ago. Where I live now, many people have their own property but
there are some community gardens, a lot of them to support food
banks and the like.

nancy