Old 01-08-2012, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Blackberry pie

Sacha wrote:
Do you? Whenever I've picked blackberries they've always had a stem and
middle bit, unlike raspberries, which pick nicely!

Oh yes! The ones I have picked come off clean the same as raspberries.

Weird, I've never had blackberries do that. To the point where I don't pick
blackberries much any more cos it annoys me so much.

Perhaps you're in too much of a hurry! ;-) Maybe they need to ripen a
bit longer?

I tried this yesterday with the blackberries by the car. 3 picked, all
ripe to the point of almost squishy. 1 left a bit of stalk, 3 had the
middle bit still in.