Old 01-08-2012, 01:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Teaching birds to eat Japanese beetles?

songbird wrote:
i can't say it works for sure (we don't do
bird feeders here), but as of this morning i
started leaving the dead bugs on the stepping
stones in the pathways and we'll see if the
birds pick up on them.

one group of beetles completely gone another
group (about 50ft away from the first) is half
gone. so something is eating them off the
stepping stones. without a camera watching i
can't say what...

today's picking jb's off beans gave me one
more group on a stepping stone nearer the
birdbaths where i could put them out.

songbird