Old 01-08-2012, 10:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Help with Conifer hedge

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 19:17:57 +0000, Jeff0901
wrote:

Hi folks, this is my first post on your site after lurking about for
several months. I wonder is anyone could be so kind as to offer any
advice or opinion on the condition of my conifer hedge. I first noticed
the browning about the middle of February this year and it has got
steadily worse since. The hedge has been in for about 14 years and has
always appeared healthy. As you can see from the images it is healthy
above and below the browning. I stay in Central scotland.
thanks

Jeff

|Filename: 2012-08-01 19.53.08.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15201|
|Filename: 2012-08-01 19.53.48.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15202|
|Filename: 2012-08-01 19.53.33.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15203|

The sod at the base is dead, what chemical did you apply? Did you
check the other side, perhaps your neighbor doesn't like you.