Old 03-08-2012, 12:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Winston@bigbrother.net is offline

Default Soil Dumping

Kay Lancaster wrote:
On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 07:59:08 -0700, wrote:
I'm slowly converting my tiny suburban back area into a garden.

Progress is slowed because of a chronic problem of landscapers
dumping unused overburden on it.

Do you own the land? If so, they're trespassing and you can pursue legal
action.

Yes, but what then? I'd've given money to a lawyer that I cannot
afford, and now I've got a team of sore losers out for blood.

I don't believe these criminals will see the error of their
ways and never bother me again afterward. Call me pessimistic.

For them, trespassing and vandalism is just 'business'.
I can imagine what they consider 'retaliation'.

I briefly considered labeling my buckets of donated
overburden with: "Platinum ore samples. Please do not steal."

They would be gone in minutes.

--Winston