Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Winston@bigbrother.net is offline

Default Soil Dumping

Dan Espen wrote:
t writes:

(...)

If a contractor buys soil at a yard, they can return any unused
soil for refund.

The labor to load it on his truck and the time and labor
cost to drive it to the yard far exceeds the value of the commodity.
'Better to vandalize and flee. Much cheaper and faster.

If you show up with some junk from your yard, they are not going
to take it.

I wouldn't even try.

Yes. While you're at it, here are some other true things
that make no sense:

How very unhelpful.

Beats me what's going on.

Check under your ground cover some time.
The castoff chunks of concrete debris are courtesy of your
local building contractor. Please thank them for their
valuable contribution to your savings.

Burying building materials on a new home site is not
done where I live.

It's done here all the time. 'Mostly on older,
well - established home sites, though.

Sounds like you're in the SouthWest somewhere.
Can't say what your laws or practices are.

Silicon Gulch California.
We have laws but our criminals tend to disobey them.

Also don't know how to enrich your "soil", but
mulch is a cover meant to keep down weeds.

That too.

I can assure you there are no building materials buried
anywhere on my property. I've been here long enough to know.
I've dug just about everywhere on the property in over 30 years.

Congratulations on your great luck!

--Winston