Old 03-08-2012, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Any organic solutions against caterpillars?

David in Normandy wrote in
r:

On 03/08/2012 13:33, mogga wrote:
On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 10:10:55 GMT, Baz wrote:

mogga wrote in
:

On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:51:20 +0200, David in Normandy
wrote:

Cabbage white butterflies have found my brassicas hidden amongst
the marigolds and they are heaving with caterpillars. Are there
any natural remedies other than wearing rubber gloves and
squishing them all?

Bare hands?
Put them in a jam jar and drown them?

How can you drown a creature? A quick death is better, well I think
so.

It is but if pounding them to a pulp isn't an option ... what else is
there? Release them into the wild miles away from your cabbages.

I'll parcel them all up with a few cabbage leaves and mail them to Baz
to look after on his brassicas. ;-)

Looks like the only practical solution is to continue the yucky job of
squishing them or using a pyrethrum based spray as mentioned
elsewhere.

Gosh! You are all too smart for me.
Now, I wonder if I should drown that cat..........