Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Jon Ty Jon Ty is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lophomann View Post
Dave

I know this is a really old post, but I just bought a MTD1436H and have exactly the same problem as you. It just doesn't pick anything up - I actualy wondered if it has the mulching kit fitted by mistake, as it just grinds the grass up rather than blowing it into the collector. Did you make any progress? Did you manage to get it to collect? Please let me know.

Thanks
OK so yes, my insurance company replaced my Murray mower which was squashed when the roof of my shed caved in with the snow. They paid for a Mountfield 1436 and yes - a beautiful machine - but it simply doesn't pick up the grass cuttings. What is more annoying is the fact that when, by default, it reverts to "mulch" mode the belt soon burns out because of the extra strain on the cutters. At £66 each belt this is a major issue.
I took this up with the manufacturers but they were unwilling to help.

Regards

Jon