Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_6_] JB[_6_] is offline

Default Replacement Pump - What do you do?

On 8/1/2012 12:06 AM, ~ jan wrote:
On 7/8/2012 6:54 AM, ~ jan wrote:
JB, what did you decide?

.

I didn't take advantage of the 10% sale and buy one (OASE Auquamax 3000
gph - 200 watts). I've bought from the company (Pondliner.com) before
and they get things out the door really promptly so I decided to wait.

How many gph will the Laguna push?

The Laguna I got does 2400 gph flat out. 74 watts when running on the koi
pond, ~ 5-6' of head. 1660-1700gph at that head rate. On the lily pond
there is only 1.5 feet of head so it is really pumping up there, turning
that pond over once every 30 minutes or less. Skimmer has never worked so
well.

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

That's a great price for an efficeint pump. I guess I need to check out
a Laguna that has a little bit more gph. I'm guessing that if you can
get that flow/wattage from that pump the one that pumps 3000 gph should
come in under 200 watts.

Thanks

JB