Old 05-08-2012, 04:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Romneya

"David E. Ross" wrote in message
On 8/3/12 7:39 PM, Farm1 wrote:
Does anyone here grow Romneya?

If so, what sort of conditions does it do best in? I have one plant and
must have it in the wrong positon because it's not thriving. I put it in
an
east facing position where if get a some morning sun but I suspect I
should
have put it in a hot, hard, hungry spot.

Matilija poppy (Romneya) actually grows wild near where I live. It is a
drought-tolerant plant that prefers full sun, little water, and poor
soil. If given too much care, it will die. If given a little extra
water and a trace of fertilizer, it can become invasive.

Thank you David. I'd be delighted if mine even looked like being mildly
invasive. I'll move it this spring.