Old 07-08-2012, 08:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy[_4_] Maroochy[_4_] is offline

Default Passion Flower

Willi wrote:
I don't know if the fruit were edible. Furthermore they don't bear
any. I think the plants are not self-fertile or something like that.
Flowers would be enough. Nevertheless I have also P.edulis, which
should produce edible fruits. But the plants are still too small for
flowering and I think the climate here will be too cold for the fruit
to ripen anyways, if there were any. Thanks.

They're very nice and extremely popular here in Australia. I was surprised
to hear that, in some countries, the fruit isn't eaten. It's particularly
nice with ice-cream. :-)