Old 07-08-2012, 11:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
AndyS[_3_] AndyS[_3_] is offline

Default starter kits for cuttings

On Aug 2, 8:10 pm, "QUEST" wrote:
I need to start a large number of plants from cuttings and would like to
find a large starting kit similar to a seed starting kit.

Can anyone know where I can purchase such a kit?

Thanks,

QUEST

I clone a lot of oleanders and crepe myrtle, and I don't use any
sort of starter kit for it .

The oleanders I just cut a 6 inch length, clip the leaves to half
size, and put in a jar of water. When the white roots have formed,
I transplant into pot sized containers and keep watered until full
leaves are formed.

The crepe myrtle, I cut to 8 inch lengths and stick them into a
dirt filled pot, or into the ground, and keep it wet and out of the
sun.
I never use any root stimulant or plastic covers. I have a good
mortality rate, probably around 90% or so....

Lots of plants can be cloned in this manner. Using google may
give you some ideas. Good luck.

Andy in Eureka, Texas