Old 23-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Steve Henning

Default Non-toxic preservative for wood in raised beds

pgh wrote:
I am looking for a practical way to prolong the life
of the wood frame in the raise beds I will start building
pretty soon.

In my greenhouse I used cypress boards for the bench tops and
copper-napthenate treated Douglas Fir table legs. That was over 30
years ago and all is still OK.

Copper Napthenate Preservative is plant safe and is available at all
greenhouse supply houses and better hardware stores.

http://www.users.fast.net/~shenning/rhody.html
http://members.aol.com/rhodyman/rhodybooks.html