Old 09-08-2012, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Propping up a young tree (in slightly unusual circumstances)

Childbirth wrote:
Hello,
Sadly I lost my pet cat in a road accident and have subsequently buried
her beneath a fairly young Columnar Apple tree in a large pot in my
yard.
The tree is looking a bit weak to stand up to strong winds and I want to
prop it up but do not want to use a stake because I don't want to spear
the cat's body.
What other kinds of 'out of soil' prop would anybody recommend?
Thanks
Jonathan

Not sure if you're serious, but how about a cinder block?

Bob