Old 10-08-2012, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
Libertarian Lilly Libertarian Lilly is offline

Default Good perennial for indoors and later outdoors?

Kay Lancaster wrote :

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 21:23:33 -0500, Libertarian Lilly
wrote:
Did I menion being in the Denver area?

No, I want something that's a true perennial, down to zone 4, please.

No you don't, at least not if you want it to flower in the normal
growing season. The cold chill is necessary for flowering to be
induced. And ripping up a perennial every year to haul it into the
house is likely to kill it in a very short period of time.

Kay

I don't know how I gave the impression, but didn't intend to.

I want to start some seeds indoors in the fall, use the plants for some
indoor color until spring, then plant and leave them outdoors.

Repeat the cycle the next fall.