Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Serious weeding required

Jamie D. wrote:
If they overwhelm me, my hens will eat them and turn them into eggs.
I think I can say that T&M seeds have been a success.

What type of courgettes are you growing? Mine are bog-standard 'All Green
Bush' which were, if I recall, 49p from Morrisons. I have to say I'm
delighted with the courgettes/marrows I'm getting but would like to try a
bit more variety next time.

I normally do Green Bush for reliability, and a few others for variety.
This year has been /awful/. But last year we had 3 or 4 going quite well,
think they were - defender (look like Green Bush, but long plants not
bushy), black beauty or midnight-something (not sure which worked) which
were much darker than your normals, a yellow one that I can't remember
the name of but I wasn't very impressed with the fruit which were a lot
seedier than green ones IMHO, and I got some round ones called One Ball
which were also a bit seedy.