Old 10-08-2012, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default OT Squirrel proof bird feeders

On 03/08/2012 14:53, graham wrote:
"Moonraker" wrote in message
On 31/07/2012 05:37, graham wrote:
"Moonraker" wrote in message
I am heartily sick of squirrels getting the lion's share of my bird
food.
As fast as I get rid of squirrels new ones come to replace them. Has
anyone
experience of those for sale? If so which are useless and which are
good?
The only problem that I can see is that the pair of woodpeckers (well I
say
pair maybe they are just friends) will be unable to feed. any help most
welcomed. TIA

http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...719,33068&ap=1

http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...719,33068&ap=1

http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...719,33068&ap=1

I like the look of these, sadly they are made by a USA company, so I may
have difficulty procuring them here, however I will try. Thanks for the
pointer Graham

Lee Valley is Canadian and will send anywhere.
Graham

Thanks for all the replies and help on this one. I decided to go for the
"Squirrel Buster" versions from Gardenbirdfeeder.co.uk. I am hoping it
was not a mistake, all I got was an email from worldpay saying the money
had gone and it was an order from Gardenbirdfeeder, no mention of what I
had ordered. There was however an email address for the company to which
I sent a query,like dropping a pound coin down a bottomless well and
waiting for the splash. I tried to email them from their contact info on
their we page, it does not work. So I would advise anyone thinking of
using them to think very carefully, though there may be people here who
have and are happy with them.