Old 10-08-2012, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Gurr Phil Gurr is offline

Default OT Squirrel proof bird feeders

"Moonraker" wrote in message
Thanks for all the replies and help on this one. I decided to go for the
"Squirrel Buster" versions from Gardenbirdfeeder.co.uk. I am hoping it was
not a mistake, all I got was an email from worldpay saying the money had
gone and it was an order from Gardenbirdfeeder, no mention of what I had
ordered. There was however an email address for the company to which I
sent a query,like dropping a pound coin down a bottomless well and waiting
for the splash. I tried to email them from their contact info on their we
page, it does not work. So I would advise anyone thinking of using them to
think very carefully, though there may be people here who have and are
happy with them.

This is becominjg a rapidly increasingly problem on the net. I estimate that
up to 50% of the
marketing messages on the net are either inertia selling or just plain
fraudulent. I will only
deal with well tried companies such as Amazon or companies that are happy to
provided all confirmations and contact details BEFORE they ask for your card
details. Honest companies will be only too happy to provide details. It
really is
caveat emptor these days - I know, I've been caught too.

Phil