Old 11-08-2012, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Hydrangea macrophylla hortensia advice.

After stripping the garden to an almost blank after the flooding I bought 3
hydrangea macrophylla hortensia.

The tag on them says:-
Plenty of light, no direct sunlight
Plant in the garden after flowering

I can't understand the light thing. Bit of a paradox! IMO
Also why would it matter if I planted in the garden whilst in flower?

I would like them to be in their place when OH gets home after her
holidays. She likes them and it's a surprise.

Also, I hear now that the colours change with soil Ph. My head hurts now.

Thanks
Baz