Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default OT "The Monthly"

Farm1 wrote:
David I know you are interested in the science of climate change but
I don't know if you buy "The Monthly".

If you don't, can I suggest you buy the Augusst 2012 copy as it has a
very interesting article in it on the sources, funding and teh
mechanics of manipulation of the Denialists.

Depressing reading but so interesting. Depressing because the
campaign has been so thorough. Interesting because it follows the
money trail through funding to 'cash for comments' scientists, and
low level journals. You can no doubt figure out which country and
political party set in train this con job and which industries are
the funders.

For those who care it is on line:

http://www.themonthly.com.au/how-ves...ert-manne-5853

Thanks. I was aware of most of this but the author puts it all in one
place. The comments at the end are illuminating and indicate the
effectiveness of the campaign. Mr Budgie-smugglers is playing to these
people and likely to succeed. You might recall a debate on another NG where
"Jonno" quoted the (in)famous Fred Singer - there is nothing new. I don't
want to have the same OT holy war here so let's leave it at that.