Old 12-08-2012, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Serious weeding required

"kay" wrote in message
...[color=blue][i]

Christina Websell;966531 Wrote:
"kay" wrote in message
...-

Christina Websell;966384 Wrote:-

I had to do nearly 3 hours of weeding!-

Is that a lot?-

Yes. And it was very hot weather to do it, too.

Ah - I don't think I phrased my question very well. I wasn't asking
about the amount of effort you put in, but more about the amount of
weeds.

Yes, weeding for three hours solid is a lot, whatever the weather. But
having enough weeds for it to take three hours if I were to get them all
out isn't, for my garden, a lot. My laughingly named "vegetable garden"
is a tiny fraction of an allotment in size, but I'd expect a good
afternoon's weeding just to get that small space clear.

So I was wondering whether going to the allotment and finding there was
3 hours worth of weeds was a lot, because normally you'd only expect
half an hours worth of weeds.

10 minutes at Morrison's Veg counter saves all of that ;-)

Mike