Old 14-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Maclaren
I spent about 5 hours on Sunday, and did only about 2/3 of the area
(and most of that fairly roughly). But I had let it get a little
overgrown. I find that lawn grass is the worst, followed by hairy
bittercress, though the bulk of my weeds were chickweed, spurges
and shepherd' purse.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
You should have harvested the chickweed. :-)

"Chickweeds are Medicinal and edible, they are very nutritious, high in vitamins and minerals, can be added to salads or cooked as a pot herb, tasting somewhat like spinach. The major plant constituents in Chickweed are Ascorbic-acid, Beta-carotene, Calcium, Coumarins, Genistein, Gamma-linolenic-acid, Flavonoids, Hentriacontanol, Magnesium, Niacin, Oleic-acid, Potassium, Riboflavin, Rutin, Selenium, Triterpenoid saponins, Thiamin, and Zinc."