Old 14-08-2012, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Pi**ed off

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Kathy" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Kathy" wrote in message
Went down the lottie today and thought, as it hasn't rained for a few
days.that I would mow the central path. Opened the shed and - no
mower.
As I went off to see if my plot mate had borrowed it, I noticed that
the two 6ft posts I'd put in ready to wire up for the climbing fruit
were also missing.

Subject line says it all.

--

So sorry to hear this. Did you mark your mower with your post code
with one of those ultra violet pen thingies?

No, but the next one will be.

I got a electric fence unit back once because I'd marked it. The
police were at a house a few miles away for a drug raid and there was
my electric fence unit with my post code on it which was reported as
stolen by me a few weeks before.
I don't know what the thieves expected to do with it. Duh.
Anyway, I got it back.
Nothing like that has ever happened again.

Just in case, my computer is marked in a similar way. The likelihood
of someone breaking into my house is very low, but, hey, if they stole
my computer that would give me a chance of getting it back.

I hope you have reported the theft to the police, and made a polite
enquiry as to whether it has been recorded as a crime?

You haven't been following..

Actually I have, unless some posts in this thread haven't appeared on my
screen. So where does the OP state that she reported the theft of the
mower and posts to the police, or that she got confirmation that it has
been recorded as a crime?

I haven't reported it to the police. The field is isolated down a long
lane, the shed was not locked and I hadn't been near it for a week.
Insurance wont pay out for those reasons and the police are hardly going to
arrest or question everyone in possesion of a Qualcast 30 push mower.

On the other hand, it was obviously someone on the field - they very
carefully put the brick holding the door shut back, which outside two legged
vermin would not have done, as well as leaving other tools. I have made my
feelings known to the field committee.

The point of this is that if people don't do this, the statistics are
skewed and do not reveal the true level of crime in an area if a crime is
recorded as merely an incident.

I'll mention it to our local PCSO and see what she has to say.

--
Kathy