Old 15-08-2012, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Serious weeding required

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 20:35:53 +0000, kay
wrote:

;966625 Wrote:
In article ,
Christina Websell
wrote:-

Spurge is the worst, it gets a foot high in no time. Also mallow.-

I find that lawn grass is the worst, followed by hairy
bittercress, though the bulk of my weeds were chickweed, spurges
and shepherd' purse.

I think we could start a new thread on who has which weed!

In my vegetable area the most abundant weeds are Herb Robert, dog
violet, alpine strawberry and enchanter's nightshade.

Alpine strawberries aren't a weed are they?

I think herb robert is liked by the bees.

I don't have any shepherd's purse at all, though I do have hairy
bittercress. And the only mallow I get is Musk Mallow, Malva moschata,
which, having been introduced, seeds itself effectively into gravel
paths.

Spurges are trivial by comparison (even though I have 5 species which
try to get into p[laces where they are not wanted)

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk