Old 15-08-2012, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Don Phillipson Don Phillipson is offline

Default winter vegi's?

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

This is new concept for me: winter vegetables. Our
winters (Northern Nevada) gets down to at 25F at night
with a handful 0F. Daytimes in the 50's. Snow fall
is about 6" at its worst and usually melts that day.

As far as I can tell, that means cabbage, carrots,
spinach. Bearing in mind I have an anti-green thumb,
so it has to be easy, what do you guys think I
could/should grow in the winter?

Leeks for sure and some varieties of potato.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs