Old 15-08-2012, 11:28 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzbat View Post
So where does the OP state that she reported the theft of the mower
and posts to the police, or that she got confirmation that it has been
recorded as a crime?

The point of this is that if people don't do this, the statistics are skewed
and do not reveal the true level of crime in an area if a crime is recorded
as merely an incident.
That second point is important. I've reported damage at the nature reserve that we manage, and been given an "incident number" by the police call centre. But I've only recently found out that it remains an "incident" until the police have phoned you back and have "crimed" it, whereupon they give you a different "crime number". And it's not until it's been "crimed" that it feeds through to police priorities, and you get a chance of a patrol in the evening to deter the people who think it is amusing to light a bonfire using planks from the bridge that local people use in the day time as a traffic-free route through the town.