Old 16-08-2012, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Spudsa advice

On 16/08/2012 09:52, JIP wrote:
David Hill wrote:

On 15/08/2012 19:31, JIP wrote:
The foliage is beginnig to yellow, but still not too bad. So on what
youn say I'll just pick as the days go on.

Many thanks for the reply.

You don't say how many plants you have, or how long a row

Only about 6 plants of each are left. This was/is my first year of
growing anything, so mainly experimenting.

Then you don't really have to worry about getting sacks etc for storage.
If the leaves are going yellow then you could just cut the tops down and
leave the spuds in the ground till you need them.
The only drawback could be slugs going for them in the ground, some
people have problems with them others have no problems.
David @ the sunny end of Swansea Bay