Old 16-08-2012, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_11_] Sue[_11_] is offline

Default Helianthus or similar?

"Sacha" wrote
On 2012-08-15 14:37:04 +0100, "Sue" said:
Just realised I'd managed in a senior moment to label my interloper
Helianthus as 'Helianthemum' on the pix the other night. Um... Now
hopefully corrected! http://flic.kr/s/aHsjBnvybf

Do you think it's Lemon Queen or some other variety, Sacha? It does
seem too bright a yellow to me. Gaudy and coarse, my OH said - hah!
He's the one who refuses to appreciate how nice daisies and pink
clover are in the lawn, so what does he know.

If we still have any, I'll check our Lemon Queen tomorrow but I think
it's paler than yours. Of course, soil types etc. can make a
difference, and so can colour registers in photos. I'll have a look
and see if I can find anything that helps.

Yes, true. Lots of variation in the online pics I looked at.

Thanks.

--
Sue