Old 16-08-2012, 08:11 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.people.silversurfers
Tahiri[_2_] Tahiri[_2_] is offline

Default Progression from garden fence

"Pete C" wrote in message
news

"john turner" wrote in message
Young couple moved into rented house next door a few months ago and they
are friendly and we chat to them over the garden fence, now and again.

They decided they are getting married in a couple of weeks, and have
invited us to a wedding reception a nearby local venue, in the evening
after the wedding.

We are in our seventies and wont really fit into their young crowd who
are into drinking quite a lot. Also we won't know anyone apart from the
couple. In a way we would prefer not to go, but dot want to hurt anyone's
feelings.

Also the question of a gift? Finances are not good for us at the moment
so won't want to spend a lot. What might be a good thing to get that's
not expensive?

How about a dwarf fruit tree, apple or cherry maybe. They can plant in
their garden as a permanent memory of the day?
--
Pete C
Joe's Newcastle meet, 18th Aug

But it is a rented house so make it a tree in a pot.