Old 16-08-2012, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Serious weeding required

On 08/16/2012 10:53 AM, wrote:
kay wrote:
My experience is that anything described as "tasting somewhat like
spinach" is at best something you would eat only if there were nothing
else available. Nettle is probably the best of the bunch, and I don't go
out of the way to eat that.

I am told ground elder is quite tasty and good in omlettes. I have never
tried it.

Ground elder is actually quite nice if it's young. And of course you
feel quite victorious eating it. Prepare as for, uh, spinach...

Someone once served us nettle ice cream, believe it or not it was quite
nice!