Old 17-08-2012, 03:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default New to this site and gardening

On Aug 15, 8:05*am, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 15/08/2012 01:44, Higgs Boson wrote:

***Before getting into the specifics, I am puzzled by the term "acidic
clay". *I thought clay was always alkaline. *Did a quick check on-
line, which bears out my idea.

As I mentioned in the "East Facing UK Garden + Clay" thread, I have
grown blueberries on clay pH 6 - 6.5.

Where did find online that clay is always alkaline?

--

Jeff

Jeff, I was so surprised to read that designation that I did a search
and found quite a number of sites, starting with E-How, that discussed
the pH of clay soils.

I have learned from this NG discussion that there are "shades of grey"
between acidic and alkaline.

HB