Old 17-08-2012, 02:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default Tadpoles & algae

On Aug 14, 5:35 pm, JB wrote:

Well, a "waterhole" will eventually stagnant it left alone. There are
some solar powered pumps out there you could try and rig up some simple
form of filtration.

I tried one of the floating ones from Harbor Freight and it was
worthless. Water leaked into the solar cell compartment within a week
or so.

Seems to me that if the waterhole is close enough to
a water hose then it's within reach of an extension cord. I'm just
saying........

I didn't say anything about a water hose. I haul water to the pond in
5 gal buckets, 8 per trip, in a lawn cart. Just saying...