Old 18-08-2012, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Weeds V Hoes

On 18/08/2012 15:07, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 14:48:25 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 18/08/2012 13:42, Chris Hogg wrote:

snip

I have a small hand-hoe, narrow blade (about 3"), short handle like a
trowel, that I hoe with from a squatting position (knees still free
from arthritis, thank goodness). I gather the uprooted weeds as I go
and put them on the compost heap. My dictum is that if it isn't there,
it can't re-grow.

For those that want to be close to their weeds/plants as they hoe then
there is always the "Onion hoe"
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion-Hoe-A1.jpg

Also called a swan necked hoe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbV9BvkZosM

A swan necked hoe is the name that was normally given to the long
handled version.
http://www.chillingtontoolsonline.co...-neck-hoe-p103
And before any else says it.
Yes the Dutch hoe is the one that is always clogging.
David @ what is now a hot and very sticky end of Swansea Bay.