Old 18-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Findlay Tulloch Findlay Tulloch is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
Ive spent 4 years working on my garden... but I not that keen on it!!

When we moved in it was a piece of wasteland, it was horrendous. So its taken a couple of years to just get the structure of it. Ive put in walls, steps, a patio, new fencing, new lawn.

Apart from the entrance, with my star jasmine climbers and strawberry plants, Im not too keen on it!!

I feel like ripping out most of the shurbs and starting again! Has anyone got any ideas of plants, trees, shrubs etc I could try? I thought about builing a seating area in the corner.

I just feel the gardens a bit dull! It needs a bit more interest!

2007

2012

looks good i wish i had a garden like that. i have a big patch of lawn (1/2 an acre) and around the edges there is a dry stone (wall) dyke (traditional to orkney) and i don't want to plant any thing that will ruin that. there is a bit of wasteland about the size of your garden that i think would make a nice garden but there is 50-70 ton of stone there so that would need to be shifted first and i don't have anywhere else to put it so I'm kinda stuck. LOOKING VERR GOOD if you maybe a border. i can show you some pictures of mine is you would like?