Old 18-08-2012, 10:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default My Garden is Boring

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 19:37:52 +0000, Kriss
wrote:

Ive spent 4 years working on my garden... but I not that keen on it!!

When we moved in it was a piece of wasteland, it was horrendous. So its
taken a couple of years to just get the structure of it. Ive put in
walls, steps, a patio, new fencing, new lawn.

Apart from the entrance, with my star jasmine climbers and strawberry
plants, Im not too keen on it!!

I feel like ripping out most of the shurbs and starting again! Has
anyone got any ideas of plants, trees, shrubs etc I could try? I thought
about builing a seating area in the corner.

I just feel the gardens a bit dull! It needs a bit more interest!

2007
[image: http://i49.tinypic.com/29bypmf.jpg]
[image: http://i47.tinypic.com/29dxraq.jpg]

2012
[image: http://i48.tinypic.com/30ijm2x.jpg]
[image: http://i48.tinypic.com/w142tz.jpg]

Build a pergola over the patio, plant wisteria. You need some dwarf
conifers against the fence... put in some interesting boulders, and a
birdbath.