Old 19-08-2012, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default My Garden is Boring

Kriss wrote:
Ive spent 4 years working on my garden... but I not that keen on it!!

When we moved in it was a piece of wasteland, it was horrendous. So
its taken a couple of years to just get the structure of it. Ive put
in walls, steps, a patio, new fencing, new lawn.

Apart from the entrance, with my star jasmine climbers and strawberry
plants, Im not too keen on it!!

I feel like ripping out most of the shurbs and starting again! Has
anyone got any ideas of plants, trees, shrubs etc I could try? I
thought about builing a seating area in the corner.

I just feel the gardens a bit dull! It needs a bit more interest!

2007
[image: http://i49.tinypic.com/29bypmf.jpg]
[image: http://i47.tinypic.com/29dxraq.jpg]

2012
[image: http://i48.tinypic.com/30ijm2x.jpg]
[image: http://i48.tinypic.com/w142tz.jpg]

Why do you need a lawn? Unless it is for a playing surface rip it out and
grow veges and fruit. A food garden can be very beautiful as well as much
more interesting and a much more productive use of your resources. Think of
fruit trees in bloom in spring and carrying fruit through summer and autumn.
Picture beds with tall feathery asparagus, striking globe artichokes and
borders of herbs; there are a thousand shapes, colours and textures to play
with - all edible.

David