Old 19-08-2012, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve B[_7_] Steve B[_7_] is offline

Default Garden planning

We are ready to rip into our existing garden, a haphazard thing from its
inception, not done by us. I now have a tractor, so have the ability to
scrape ground, till up, rake, and bring in large amounts of topsoil.

Is there a good guide to planning a garden, either a book or a site? We
want to put in trellises for things that grow good on them, and mounds for
melons and cucumbers. Separate the winter foods from summer foods. We want
a couple of rows of corn. Overhead sprinkling on some areas, ground
watering in others. Things like that.

Now that it is a raw canvas, it is the best time to do this. And we'd like
to do it just once, and do it right. Advice appreciated.