Old 19-08-2012, 08:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default My Garden is Boring

In article ,
Kriss wrote:

Ive spent 4 years working on my garden... but I not that keen on it!!

When we moved in it was a piece of wasteland, it was horrendous. So its
taken a couple of years to just get the structure of it. Ive put in
walls, steps, a patio, new fencing, new lawn.

Apart from the entrance, with my star jasmine climbers and strawberry
plants, Im not too keen on it!!

I feel like ripping out most of the shurbs and starting again! Has
anyone got any ideas of plants, trees, shrubs etc I could try? I thought
about builing a seating area in the corner.

I just feel the gardens a bit dull! It needs a bit more interest!

2007
[image: http://i49.tinypic.com/29bypmf.jpg]
[image: http://i47.tinypic.com/29dxraq.jpg]

2012
[image: http://i48.tinypic.com/30ijm2x.jpg]
[image: http://i48.tinypic.com/w142tz.jpg]

What you lack is what gardeners like to call bio-diversity. Get yourself
a really big cat, like a leopard, or a cheetah, a bear, and a
rhinoceros, if you can afford one, and put them out in your garden. I
guarantee your garden won't be boring anymore. After some time, you may
even think back, wistfully, on those days when your garden was a little
bit more boring, and dull.

"The most noteworthy thing about gardeners is that they are always
optimistic, always enterprising, and never satisfied. They always look
forward to doing something better than they have ever done before."
- Vita Sackville-West

"A garden is never so good as it will be next year"
- Thomas Cooper

"There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments."
- Janet Kilburn Phillips

It's not the destination, that's important. It's the journy there.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or