Old 19-08-2012, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Petrol mower (Mountfield) lacking power...

"AL_n" wrote in
:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
ll.co.uk:

beinga "Mountfield" brand I suspect it will be
a Briggs & Stratton. If so wander over to the B&S web site and get
the full manual for your engine, might take a bit of digging and
finding the actual model number of your engine

Dave,
Thanks a million - that is the key info I needed. Yes, it does appear
to be a B&S engine; I have now found the printable manual at the B&S
site and I'm printing it out right now...

PS.... Unfortunately the manual doesn't go as far as describing how to
service the carb. However, I have cured the fault, somehow, after taking
the float chamber off and blowing out the jet in the centre of it.

Thanks again to all for the suggestions.

Al