Old 20-08-2012, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default Garden planning

In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

We are ready to rip into our existing garden, a haphazard thing from its
inception, not done by us. I now have a tractor, so have the ability to
scrape ground, till up, rake, and bring in large amounts of topsoil.

Is there a good guide to planning a garden, either a book or a site? We
want to put in trellises for things that grow good on them, and mounds for
melons and cucumbers. Separate the winter foods from summer foods. We want
a couple of rows of corn. Overhead sprinkling on some areas, ground
watering in others. Things like that.

Now that it is a raw canvas, it is the best time to do this. And we'd like
to do it just once, and do it right. Advice appreciated.

Ch. Villandry may give you some inspiration.
http://www.chateauvillandry.fr/en/ga...hs/?date=2012-
05#photo-actu-showcase-template

--
Welcome to the New America.