Old 20-08-2012, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default Gardenbirdfeeder.co.uk never again

On 19/08/2012 19:38, David Hill wrote:
On 19/08/2012 14:05, Moonraker wrote:
I ordered a couple of bird feeders from this site on the 4th, despite a
delivery day promise on their web site of 5 to 10 days there is no sign
of them. What makes it worse they seem impossible to contact. I have
tried emailing on different addresses, getting no reply, their contact
page on the web site does not work. The only correspondence I have
received was from WorldPay acknowledging the receipt of the money with
Gardenbirdfeeder reference number, so I may even have ordered the wrong
items, though I think not. I regularly buy on the internet and have
never had this sort of half baked service before.
If anyone had anything good to hear about them I would love to know, it
would set my mind at rest.

So you ordered on the 4th Aug (a Saturday, the site said 5 to do days
for delivery, that's normally working days, so the 10 days were up
yesterday.
I think you are being a little harsh, I'd give it at least another week
before getting worried.
I've had one carrier who won't leave a card, won't phone, though my
phone number can clearly be seen from the road, and won't leave with a
neighbour. They try to deliver a couple of times then send the item back.
Also as a one man band, he may be in hospital.
Lastly, he may not reply to emails if his computer is down.
Before you rubbish someone as you are doing then at least give him
(assuming it is a man) a chance.Problems do crop up, and not everyone
has an organisation like Amazon behind them, and I've had things take 3
weeks and more from them.
David @ the rain free end of Swansea Bay.

I take on board al the comments, and hope the positive of you are
correct. However I think it unlikely that someone who runs an internet
business would have their computer down for any length of time.