Old 20-08-2012, 12:01 PM
ryncharlton ryncharlton is offline
Registered User

Yeah that's definitely a flooding carburetor , im not familiar with the carb used on the Suffolk punch but its likely that you can get carb overhaul kits. failing that if its a troublesome carb setup kits are usually available or you could modify the mower yourself to use a different , more reliable carb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew calvert View Post
sounds like the needle valve in the carburettor is sticking open letting too much fuel into the engine.
You can remove the float bowl without taking the carb off fully and try to remove the float and needle. It will be tricky unless you tip the whole thing upside down.
I used to have one of these machines. I ended up going through two carbs and then decided to scrap it because it cost too much to repair.

matt.